Spider Vein Treatment with Candela Laser
What are spider veins?
Spider veins are fine visible veins. They can be found on the face or legs and can cover either a very small or very large area of skin. Often, they are red or blue in colour. They can look like tree branches or spiderwebs with their short, jagged lines. The medical term for spider veins is telangiectasia.
What causes spider veins?
Spider veins can be caused by the backup of blood due to weak valves found in the veins. They can also be caused by hormone changes, exposure to the sun, and injuries.
What factors increase my risk of spider veins?
Many factors increase a person’s chances of developing spider veins. These include:
- Increasing age. As you get older, the valves in your veins may weaken and not work as well.
- Medical history. Being born with weak vein valves increases your risk. Having family members with vein problems also increases your risk.
- Hormonal changes. These occur during puberty, pregnancy, and menopause. Taking birth control pills may also contribute to the forming of spider veins.
- Pregnancy. During pregnancy, there is a huge increase in the amount of blood in the body. This can cause veins to enlarge. More spider veins usually appear with each additional pregnancy.
- Lack of movement. Sitting or standing for a long time may force your veins to work harder to pump blood to your heart. This may be a bigger problem if you sit with your legs bent or crossed.
- Sun exposure. This can cause spider veins on the cheeks or nose of a fair-skinned person.
Candela GentleYAG Laser For Spider Vein Removal
Years Younger MediSpa offers the Candela GentleYAG laser which effectively treats all skin types, including tanned skin, offering unmatched treatment capabilities in spider vein removal. Older generation of lasers or Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) is not safe for dark skin as it can cause burns or scarring.
How Does The Laser Treatment Work?
The laser creates a beam of high-intensity light that penetrates deep into skin tissue where it delivers a controlled amount of therapeutic heat to the targeted blood vessels. Candela’s Dynamic Cooling Device (DCD) technology protects the upper layers of your skin with a cooling burst of cryogen. Together, the long-pulse laser and DCD cooling offer optimal treatment with minimal side effects